GTP 0.00% 12.0¢ great southern limited

From the link provided by Pwinne .... Background | Why expand...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    From the link provided by Pwinne ....
    Background | Why expand plantations in Australia? | Commitment to sustainability

Plantations for Australia: The 2020 Vision
    Plantations for Australia: The 2020 Vision is a strategic partnership between the Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments and the plantation timber growing and processing industry.

The overarching principle of the Plantations 2020 Vision strategy is to enhance regional wealth creation and international competitiveness through a sustainable increase in Australia's plantation resources, based on a notional target of trebling the area of commercial tree crops by 2020.

The Plantations 2020 Vision was launched by the then Minister for Primary Industries and Energy, The Hon John Anderson MP, in October 1997.

Revised 2020 Vision
    Since The 2020 Vision was released in 1997, priorities have changed, significant achievements have been made, and new issues have emerged. In 2001, a review team, seeing the need to adapt to changing circumstances, has condensed the original 28 actions to a more manageable 16 actions, and grouped these under 5 strategic elements.

To achieve a clearer picture of the plan's implementation, the review team refined who is responsible for those actions, (whether it is the Commonwealth, State government agencies, Industry, Regional Plantation Committees or a collaboration), and recognised the important role of local government and communities in achieving a collective Vision.

Background | Why expand plantations in Australia? | Commitment to

When you read back though all this stuff , you can appreciate why we are in the great mess that we are today ..Had things been regulated , and planned ..Just may have been a very different outcome , but as it says here goes back to 1997 , and I well remember the constant ..20/20 in 1999 , I know it was a big part of the support and sure encouraged me into Plantation timber from 97 and beyond .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.