Paul,I also use FPmarkets Web-Iress, and am am quite happy with...

1. 2,829 Posts.
    Paul,

I also use FPmarkets Web-Iress, and am am quite happy with them. I use a normal equity account for the long side, i use the CFD account for the short side. Both are web-Iress DMA, and I would not swap DMA for a market maker. The commissions on the equity side are $15.50 and execution is thru UBS, so you get cross trades, which is quite good.

The only problem is real time charting support. The charts in WebIress are fine for moving averages and stuff, I trade the slow stoch 15 on a 1 minute timeframe, but any type of line support on a web-iress chart is a complete joke.

In order to be able trade a pitchfork with a 5 minute chart, I have to use a 3rd party package, and the support is an extra 45/month for the Excel plugin to download the data, which you then have to convert to the format which suits your charting platform, then load to whatever you use (which is a rather agricultural way of having to do things).

If you plan to enquire of them, make a point that you want decent real time charting support for a third party package. If enough people request it, maybe one of the brokers will do something to get a commercial edge.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.