MGY 4.35% 8.8¢ malagasy minerals limited

anyone want to guess the drill results?, page-21

1. 6,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1231
    On the assumption the photo colours are representative, I dont think the massive sulphide is chalcopyrite, it looks more like a pyrrhotite + pentlandite blend ( they are essentially intersoluble). If that is the case, then the results should be very good, in that pentlandite is the main ore of nickel. Pentlandite rarely occurs unless in association with pyrrhotite. The company's text re the drill core photos references the prescence of pyrhhotite +/- pentlandite. Chalcopyrite is also mentioned, but this normally has a yellowish colour and so I am presuming this may be the the "patches" of yellow ore we see within the massive sulphide area. The bulk of the sulphide appears as a pinky-grey colour and I have seen this appearance before in other company's pix of pentlandite (+ pyrrhotite)in drill cores
    So, if I'm wrong and it is all chalcopyrite then its stiil a great result due the copper. If I am right I shoud be ecstatic due the nickel.
    Yes the wait for the assay results is frustrating. Given their access to their own(?) lab nearby its had me wondering a bit. As a supreme optimist, I shall take the view that the nickel( or copper) content is so high that the local lab can't handle it as its out of their equipment calibration range, or at least absolute confirmation is required of the result by the fact the samples have had to be sent to the lab in Australia !!!!! LOL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.