RIO 0.15% $120.99 rio tinto limited

anyone watching rio trade in london, page-23

1. 186 Posts.
    nicolelee,
    ohhh pleeease...I'm fully aware of hedge, funds.. those that are still alive.. many of which are not, as they have lost so much money in the credit crunch they have gone broke or been absorbed by their parents

and yes, those that are left probably are targeting RIO - it makes sense
    why can't they target BHP ? because BHP can just sit back and say "we don't give a hoot about our SP, we don't need to raise capital to pay our debt, becuase we have run a good business"
    Rio on the other hand need to go back to the public, cap in hand saying "we screwed up, borrowed more than we should have, and bought nice shiny things that are now worthless.. please give us more money so we can dig ourselves out of this hole.. we'll do better next time.. trust us"

A publicly listed company (not including banks who have some capitalization regulations) should never, never, ever have to go back and ask for more money from you - the owner - once they are properly set up (say 10 years into business)

I have worked inside of Rio, some 3 years ago, and trust me, well run it didn’t look to me ....money splashing around like they can print it themselves.. I've also worked inside of BHP, and though they are certainly not 'tight', they seemed much more prudent with their project governance

if they are such a good company, going to make lots of money, and this is just evil shorters at play, go and get a loan and buy some more...the dividend alone will make it worth while... right ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$120.99
Change
-0.180(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $44.91B
Open High Low Value Volume
$121.52 $124.12 $117.14 $437.7M 3.621M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 28 $120.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$120.99 2912 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.