YBR 0.00% 6.1¢ yellow brick road holdings limited

Anything positive, page-3

1. 4,934 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2410
    Mine is spectacularly negative. I refer you to the post I put up when I sold my holding:
    http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/sold.2779036/?post_id=17876025

I bought this stock about three years ago after both RAMS and Aussie were bought out 100% by major banks. It seemed like YBR had the market wide open as a truly independent operator. Bouris had partnered successfully with Macquarie in the past, which was also promising.

But in spite of growing public profile and a string of important strategic and tactical moves the only parties to benefit have been Macquarie (the product wholesaler), and Bouris who has been scraping funds out of this thing not only through his generous remunerations package but also through "consultancy" provided by "associated entities".

My post refers to an article that exposes a considerable regulatory threat to the mortgage broking business model in Australia.

The poor performance coupled with the increased risk convinced me to realise my losses on this stock and consider any lessons I might learn.

You could play this stock like a poker machine that others (including me) have played without a payout... or you could stay away from it until the regulatory environment crystallises.

Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.