ANZ 0.30% $30.06 anz group holdings limited

anz 15 bucks place your bets, page-13

1. 10,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    ABN

For the record, you were suspended (by me) for ignoring repeated warnings of distorting facts and "scare-mongering" unfounded comments.

There is no doubt that the ANZ share price is under pressure, but no more so than any other of the Big4. This is a global issue and not just confined to the Australian banks - albeit our banks have fared much better than most.

This is because they have minimal relative exposure to the issues that have hammered the other banks.

To suggest that ANZ (or any other Australian bank) will need to make a rights issue to "bolster their balance sheet" is (IMHO) without foundation or logic.

*They are already well provisioned for bad/doubtful debts - even allowing for the current domestic downturn.
    *They raised over $1.1bio of new capital via the underwriting of the interim dividend.
    *Their Tier 1 ratio is a "very comfortable" 6.9%

They are some of the facts as I see them as to why ANZ will not need make any new issue for captital.

Given you "suggest" they will in fact need to go to the market, then perhaps you can post your reasoning.

I am always happy to enter into a well reasoned debate/discussion on such issues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$30.06
Change
0.090(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $90.45B
Open High Low Value Volume
$30.10 $30.23 $29.88 $131.9M 4.388M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16000 $30.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$30.06 20272 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.