ANZ 0.86% $30.66 anz group holdings limited

anz has the most risk, page-15

1. 393 Posts.
    Ctindale

I don't gamble for real dough (remember I'm not a trader). We both have real money on ANZ, that (and HC kudos) will do.

Re "Citi are unlikely to be guessing" We're getting in Monty Python territory now, arguing over our guesses on whether an analyst is guessing. Citi stated it's difficult to know the counterparties involved, sounds like a guess to me.

Re "what evidence do you have that ANZ is not exposed to the risks that myself and Citi have identified" I acknowledge the risk, don't agree with your (and Citi's) assessment of extent and impact. You're also asking me to prove a negative, usually accepted as a difficult if not impossible ask.

Re "If Citi and myself are wrong about ANZs monoline exposure they have every opportunity to make full disclosure now and correct market perceptions. If they do not do this can we assume that the allegation of monoline exposure is valid?"

No. ANZ is required to disclose as per ASX/ASIC requirements including price sensitive info and the usual peridoical reports. ANZ should disclose if they already know of price sensitive provisions. If they don't, they're not required or expected to do anything. I'd prefer the banks ignore market rumour and theory and focus on running their business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$30.66
Change
0.260(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $91.68B
Open High Low Value Volume
$30.30 $30.69 $30.24 $108.4M 3.547M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12221 $30.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$30.66 1438 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.