ANZ 1.60% $29.19 anz group holdings limited

anz need to sort out opes asap to move forward

1. 10 Posts.
    After reading the AFR's coverage of the OPES saga it seems clear that ANZ need to wrap this up ASAP in hope that people still want to deal with ANZ and also so ANZ retains its AAA rating. Without that rating ANZ has issues.

It appears ANZ stitched up OPES well knowing it was going to sink OPES days after the deal was done re: the 95m, amendment to AMSLA ..... Not to mention M+D, UC and failure to lodge notices re holdings.

I can't imagine OPES clients accepting anything less than their shares back OR $$$ equal to be fully restored which means a DOCA from ANZ and CO would not likely be accepted. Therefore liquidation and discovery for the Administator, S&G, other lawyers etc

ANZ are looking at years of bad press and costs should it go to court, why wouldn't ANZ just give the shares back to the good OPES clients and exit the experience with a $$$ loss but the community at large with a decent opinion of ANZ and no investigation into the matter as oppposed to having their dirty laundry aired to the public. The way ANZ are going in my opinion will have major clients of ANZ banking elsewhere as if thats how they treat majot clients in tough times what would ANZ do to small to medium size businesses in tough times.

Shame, Shame, Shame ANZ. Just sort it out quick and keep what good will is left before the costs of this saga grow and good will is eroded further.

Management need to clean the whole ANZ house with Domestos and make sure they check whats in the corners and hard to reach places to make sure another OPES present.

If that means 1 step backwards (sorting our OPES for big $$$ loss) to take 2 steps forward (getting on with banking) where ANZ have made money then hurry up as at the moment ANZ are only annoying people.

That's my whinge for the day, hopefully i'm not the only one with the above opinions.

Enjoy the weekend,

JACA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.19
Change
0.460(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $87.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.87 $29.37 $28.77 $152.5M 5.224M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 104 $29.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.19 12875 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.