ANZ 0.40% $30.11 anz group holdings limited

anz wins court battle., page-46

1. 490 Posts.
    Be warned about the motives of various parties involved. Natural justice is at the end of a very long list of commercially driven motives.

For me 62c is also not really 62c either and I would rather have my shares back but I am not sure that is feasible. With the market turning, or at least thinking about it, I would like to have some cash, soonish

As for full restitution, whatever deal is offered by ANZ, people are free to chase ANZ until the end of time for the rest of whatever they believe their damages to be.

Having suffered throught this, I understand people's anger but could somebody please tell me what is the purpose of rejecting a deal that does not preclude them from litigation? This just seems petty and selfish, but I could understand why lawyers, and litigation funders would like to have it overturned...

If the deal is overturned do people expect that ANZ would go for full restitution? I think not. This is a legal drama, and as such there will most likely be a settlement of some kind. It is not often that such cases would go to a full trial and judgement.

As they say in the classics, when all parties are unhappy, then it is probably a fair deal. For me, this would be closer to 80c but let us see what happens.

There is a possibility, however that this is all still smoke. If this is the case, ANZ will get hammered, and I will be eager to be first in line to take the first shot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$30.11
Change
0.120(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $89.67B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.87 $30.30 $29.86 $98.08M 3.256M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8597 $30.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$30.11 1081 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.