ANZAC Day Wednesday 25th April, page-2

1. 15,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    IMPORTANT NOTICE

@roaminoz said - It is all automated, bar the entering of the tip, unless all members agree to a default first line tip entering system (like the short term tipping comp) one needs to still enter it manually.

I suppose in the end, the easiest way is to make a date in the future when the default tipping line is now in effect and any tips not following the rule will not be picked up. But as I helped with creating the spreadsheet for all the summary information, winners table, awards page etc... it was not my place to come in here and change how things had been done while Loki was the pin gatekeeper.

Could possibly start getting everyone to do it next week, but the enforcement happens from the 1st day of next month.

I’ve always said it from the start, it is best to get the computer to do everything then there is less time taken on the data collector as well as it removes the human entry error aspect of the comp.

You would need a code like DJPT space +/- then tip number. As depending on posters data on the side can throw up difference locations to data collected in a spreadsheet. Having a code allows the formula to find the right area to look for the tip.

Eg: tipping
    DJPT +100.19
    DJPT +0
    DJPT -93

It wouldn't matter if the tipper wishes to highlight in bold, a colour red/green/black etc...

a 0 tip can be submitted either +0 or -0 as in excel the format wouldn't matter.

It wouldn't be hard to change wazza's spreadsheet to accommodate the new tip format.

Wazza is the one looking after the comp and likely has final say about it being, he is the one doing all the leg work for the comp. I would expect a confirmation about it in the thread or else the start of the week introducing the new rule which will be enforced in due course.

So there you have it; the format is a given AND automation a natural progression.

Shall we do it?
    Yes = Thumbs up;
    if there are 25 TU’s then it’s a go!
    Last edited by Wazza3006: 25/04/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.