I read a couple of books on WW2and also Changi where my dad was...

1. 54,745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306

I read a couple of books on WW2and also Changi where my dad was imprisoned for 3.5 yrs.

One was The Naked Island anotherwas Australia’s Secret War and another I can’t remember but along similar linesas ASW.The Naked island by Russell Braddon (Paperback, 1993) POWChangi Australia WW2 | eBay; Australia's Secret War How Unionists Sabotaged Our Troops InWWII Hal Colebatch | eBay

Exposing the bastard ,traitorous waterside workers in Oz. etc.

My second job was with theMercantile Marine Office under the Harbour bridge. It was next door to theSeaman’s Union building which was a Communist mob who used to read Commonewspapers etc. Their boss was an avowed Commo named Eliot Elliott and then hissidekick.

Eliot Valens Elliott | Archives (anu.edu.au)

I worked in 3 branches of theCommonwealth Shipping and Transport Dept. The head office, the MMO and theAustralian Shipbuilding Board, after my 1st job at the CBA Rockdale

So many years ago! I have keptin touch with 2 of my fellow workers one of which is John Steinbeck! Not theAmerican one (Grapes of Wrath, Travels with Charlie, Cannery Row etc) but hewas related to Australian actress or author Muriel Steinbeck!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.