RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

Hi hotI know u don't what to hear about manipulation, but it...

1. 502 Posts.
    Hi hot

I know u don't what to hear about manipulation, but it really is key to the story here.

Here's a classic example of the smoke & mirrors that goes on, and explains the small sell down the other day.

A few nights ago, the stalwart of the British media, none other than the BBC itself, reported that President Yusuf was in a critical condition in Nairobi Hospital awaiting a liver transplant. That story was picked up by over 100 media outlets - including The Washington Post, The New York Times, etc. That would have scared a few holders, and there was a small selldown the next day. The facts are that President Yusuf had a liver transplant many years ago. And now we hear from the President himself that he's fine (no new liver needed after all!), and his health had not hampered his plans to visit London. But somewhere in that health scare (so we are led to believe) was a meeting with Condoleeza Rice in Addis Ababa which Yusuf did not attend, instead his new PM represented the country. Smoke and mirrors aplenty.

If u believe that drilling on 2 x 500m barrel targets will occur by the 1st Quarter of next year, as indicated by Range's partner AOI, in a country such as Somalia, then expect a lot more smoke and a roomful of mirrors.

Posted by izlush:

I am in excellent health, says Somalia president
    5 Dec 5, 2007 - 8:00:41 PM

NAIROBI, Kenya Dec 5 (Garowe Online) - The president of Somalia's transitional federal government says he is in "excellent health" following widespread rumors that he has been admitted to a Kenyan hospital with a serious illness.

President Abdullahi Yusuf was taken to Nairobi Hospital two days ago, with conflicting reports regarding his condition.

Abdullahi Yusuf

"I am leaving here as soon as possible," President Yusuf told Voice of America's Somali Service, answering a question about when he would leave the hospital in Nairobi, Kenya.

He said he is scheduled to visit London as part of a once-a-year routine visit to his doctor, to check up on his eleven-year-old liver transplant among other health concerns.

President Yusuf said his recently appointed Prime Minister, Nur "Adde" Hassan Hussein, appointed a worthy Cabinet, despite resignations and division within parliament.

"I think the Prime Minister tried really hard to build a government than can work…that can finish the job during the transitional period," Yusuf said during the VOA interview.

He dismissed negotiations with the opposition until they "put down their weapons."

"They [opposition] must accept peace and respect the people's safety and security," the Somali president said, referring to guerrilla fighters leading the insurgency against the government and its Ethiopian military allies.

President Yusuf dismissed media reports that he ordered a halt to United Nations aid efforts in Lower Shabelle region.

"I am surprised," Yusuf said, after chuckling briefly at the question. "How can I issue that order when I was not there [in Somalia]?"

He said his administration "asked them [UN] to inform the government about their operations."

Yusuf's interim government is the 14th attempt to restore central authority to Somalia after years of factional violence and displacement.

Islamist and allied clan guerrillas have waged war on the government since January, when Islamic Courts rulers were routed out of Mogadishu by pro-Yusuf Ethiopian troops.

Source: Garowe Online

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/I_am_in_excellent_health_says_Somalia_president.shtml

cheers
    Marny

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.