Yes, I like the latest additions--international indexes, spot...

1. 44 Posts.
    Yes, I like the latest additions--international indexes, spot gold price, us and aus dollar (and other currencies). Now I can set all my alerts via aotonline (before I had to set the international ones via Yahoo or other places)--including on the above. I have my daily watchlist open in a frame, and the indices etc running in a ticker at the top.

I do have a few quibbles, just a few items to perfect:

1) Alerts: very messy if you have lots. No way of sorting them by stock code for instance.

2) Stop losses (and profits): right now, we can only fiddle with the time within which the stop can be triggered, the volume to sell/buy, and the price. Would like this fine tuned so that more advanced users can select a price range to sell if the stop is hit. For instance, to sell at market price within such and such a price.

For instance, you set a stop to sell such and such a stock if the price dives to 1.99. However, the price not only dived to 1.99, it went way down to 1.80. The only way to protect yourself is to have set another contingent order (stop) lower down and more alerts (which is what I do).

Another example is if a stock tests a support level, you may not want your stop to be triggered. However, if it does go up and then down to the stop again later in the afternoon, you might then wish to sell. I have set stops to only trigger after 3 pm--only problem is, what if the stock HAD crossed that stop in the morning, and then just went on going down in the afternoon? So by the time the afternoon stop is triggered, the price is waaay below the price you set it to sell... (and vice versa for buys).

Again, the only solution right now is to set up additional stops further along the price. Like I said, it gets messy...

Maybe all I want is to be able to sort both alerts and contingent orders by stock code!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.