KAR 0.28% $1.80 karoon energy ltd

Apache exits Australia in $US2.1b deal, page-2

1. 121 Posts.
    This potential sale was known at the time of Apache involvement with Karoon. Apache has a contractual agreement with Karoon to drill the current well and has committed a drilling rig to complete this part of their agreement.
    “Apache's exit from Australia had been widely anticipated, with the company selling global assets in recent months as part of a strategy to focus on oil production in North America”.
    The issue now is the 50% will be part of the agreement which I think it will be.
    "Macquarie has always been opportunistic, so they're taking advantage of the oil price collapse and they obviously believe they can make some money out of this deal,"
    My question is now falling in alignment with Stevo regarding if Karoon will be a part of a buyout. I would hope Apache drills and hits oil. This will make the buyout share price higher. I am not expecting this new potential partnership with Macquarie to be nothing other than a flip deal for them to make money. This would put Karoon in a bad position for takeover and potential dismantle of the company as we know it.
    They have the money base to become major holder very quickly. They will move slow in order to keep the share price down if the effort is to obtain a large shareholder.
    It would be to Macquarie’s advantage to buyout soon.
    I do not think they will do anything based on the fair market value as we would hope for. The market will start showing soon if a buyout is in the future of Karoon. I expect no value greater than A$4.00.
    This will hurt us long termers .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.