I agree with the general idea of your post -- I clearly remember...

1. 79,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I agree with the general idea of your post -- I clearly remember about 30 years ago working as a handyman - no qualifications - working for banks, businesses etc. on 'anything' -

the bank manager of the local NAB used me often - he said he was so sick of qualified people doing totally crap work ---

I reckon at least 50% of my work was fixing up the work of 'qualified' tradespeople -

there was a big push by plumbers and builders then to outlaw people like me - they were pushing for 'qualified' people only to do works

trouble was and still is - that qualifications do NOT equal quality - never have, never will

time after time you see work that has to be done several times because boneheads have no idea of what they are doing -

to me - it's far preferable to have a system where someone can work and is selected by the quality and reputation of the work they have done -

ie. you are judged by the last work you do - not by some piece of paper that you qualified for 40 years ago - and haven't kept up with the education and, it's probably not even relevant now

when I studied nursing at Uni and worked with many nurses and doctors - both military and civilian -

if I were a quadraplegic in a bed and I saw some of the people I knew of coming my way - I would find a way to leap out of the window rather than have their qualified selves treat me or even touch me -

many of them are just plain bloody hopeless - they kill, maim and injure thousands every year ------------- but, they still keep the gig - amazing really

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.