LBT 11.8% 1.5¢ lbt innovations limited

Looks like Biomérieux is going from strength to strength.......

1. 2,547 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Looks like Biomérieux is going from strength to strength.... though not without caution.... in a choppy market.

Just noticed that the Biomérieux report is out.... popped up on a Reuters site... so here i am writing a load of tripe again.... I have to get out more.

:)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/19/biomerieux-idUSL6N0MF55E20140319

---

Direct Biomérieux link to full report is below.

http://www.biomerieux.com/sites/corporate/files/news-event-press-release/pr_biomerieux_resultats_2013_en.pdf

---------------------

Did a quick search of report for any direct mention of PREVI.... no such luck...

However (on finding another juicy snippet in said report)... my late night / crazy brain train of thought is as follows....

1) LBT is developing APAS... advanced facial recognition software based system/s... that can be adapted to speed up analysis of plate streaked cultures etc etc etc. False negs... positives and culture ID..... all possible with APAS... freeing up lab staff.

2) LBT has teamed with Hettich in Switzerland to develop more than one machine that uses APAS tech.

3) At very least there is an APAS connected incubator on the cards via Hettich / LBT ??

4) LBT and Hettich is joined by "Clever Culture Systems"... a European based JV that has been formed to develop APAS tech.

5) We are told via ASX releases that the timeline is sometime 2014 calender for news / update on trials / possible distribution agreements for APAS products / commercial stuff etc etc

6) Biomérieux and LBT have a cosy relationship... no bad blood seems to exist.... so nothing would seem to block future commercial agreements.

7) All along... LBT has hinted at discussions with a "global" sales partner for APAS gear.

8) Biomérieux are still pushing PREVI hard... no signs of slowing up... products catalogs are full of PREVI and PREVI-related products.

9) I cannot find an automated incubator in Biomérieux products list... check me if i am wrong... but I cannot even find a normal incubator???

BioM PRODUCTS link below....

http://www.biomerieux-diagnostics.com/az

10) Biomérieux would be needing an auto incubator ID system to complete the full lab automation package

11) Biomérieux has dropped this little pearler on page 4 of their latest announcement (see link at top of post) today

Then there is the recent trading.....

12) Director/s seem bullish.... one buying... none selling

13) Sellers dried up today in line with Biomérieux announcement tonite

14) Last deal (for PREVI) was worth $12 million cash for 10% stake in LBT at 22 cents per share.

15) Last deal landed an estimated $25 million in staged PREVI applicator royalities... as we have all "guesstimated" many many times.

-------------

So then I asks meself.... could APAS and LBT fit the Biomérieux quote checklist....??

"2012-2015 roadmap"... Yep
    "launch of innovative solutions"... Yep
    "prepare the launch of new platforms"... Yep
    "continuing to develop"... Yep
    "incubator incorporating imaging technologies"... Yep
    "European"... Yep
    "laboratory partner"... Yep
    Projected for second-half 2014"... Perhaps / Yep ?

A very big MAYBE.... but hey.... MAYBE!

Sorry... rambling again.... brain can't sleep.

Would be heartened to see LBT and BioM team up again.

So much more efficient for LBT / Clever Culture to be communicating with one company for both PREVI and APAS stuff?

Negatives too... but surely not a bad partnership?

---------------------------

Seems to fit with my dodgy timeline pieced together from past announcements too.... The following I posted about a week ago.

---

Summary of "news" that the market is waiting for (lemme know what I missed)... roughly in order?

April 20 2014 - Quarterly

Next quarterly PREVI applicator cash amount

St Louis USA Previ manufacture update

An LBT "Newsletter" (been a while since the last one).

Release to market details on just how many lab instruments (plural) are under Hettich development incorporating APAS.

"Clever Culture" setup finalized

Before July 2014 - APAS core tech commercial development completed.... ready for clinical trials to kick off

Before July 2014 - FDA regulatory submissions discussion update to market

Before July 2014 - next milestone payment ($1 million?)

Before July 2014 - Announce if / who / what the global sales avenue partner will be for APAS

August 2014? - Commence APAS clinical trials prior to Euro and USA sales

Before September 2014 or earlier? - next project identified / new JV?

Early 2015???? - results from APAS clinical trials? Maybe sooner?

-----------------

Just throwing this out there....

Maybe I have missed a very obvious past statement from LBT and / or BioM that clearly says this next possible team effort ain't gonna happen.

Thoughts?

Is i trippin again?

Love these streaky pics.... the new "GOLD STANDARD" of plate cultures?

bsh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
-0.002(11.8%)
Mkt cap ! $23.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.4¢ $66.59K 4.467M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 486857 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 702681 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.