APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

hudsonhawkWe are in a market and the last time I checked the...

1. 491 Posts.
    hudsonhawk

We are in a market and the last time I checked the idea of a market was to trade and make money doing so.
    This particular market not only attracts traders but also investors.
    Good or bad, there seems to be a lot more of the latter in this particular stock and some of them are not happy.

Yes, getting the interest of BHP and OST was a great achievement.
    Yes, getting BHP on the register was indeed a coup.

So called "long term" investors couldn't resist the opportunity and switched hats to become traders.
    They took advantage of the BHP news, sold their shares and I was one of the first to congratulate them.
    After all that is what trading is all about.

Most stocks would have recovered after such a selling frenzy especially after such a great announcement.
    How many times do you sell shares only to see them start going up immediately afterwards.
    It happens to me a lot.
    I swear there is a big neon sign on the back wall of broker central that lights up when I sell.

[ kse3137 has sold - it's time to buy ]

The PR point is that other companies follow up on major announcements and keep shareholders informed of progress.
    They don't need to spend major amounts of time and money to do so.

"Orders placed for all components of the plant - delivery expected in October 2007"
    "Preliminary assembly of sub-structure completed - the project is on time and on budget"
    "Furnace delivery confirmed for November - demonstration plant on schedule"
    "Managing Director presenting to European steel companies"
    "Stages 1,2,3 out of 10 have been succesfully completed"

All good vibes without really stating anything that affects the original timetable.
    The secretary can type any of these announcements without major expense or a major PR campaign.
    Her time certainly wouldn't jeopardise the completion of the plant.
    Informed shareholders are happy little vegemites and I would suggest that the shareprice would not be as low as it is today.

Fundamentaly the company is not very healthy apart from its "inventions" and a couple of big names interested.
    Sure BHP bought in with $5M and OST are on the sidelines but they are still are speccie with no income.
    APG's assests are not dissimilar to a junior miners speculative tenements with the "potential" of a huge find.
    More reasons why PR is so important as the speculators invest in potential.

"Buy on rumour - sell on fact".
    The rumour is that they might just have the answer that the steel industry has been searching for. BHP and OST - interested.
    The fact is that the technology has not yet been proven on a viable commercial scale.
    The fact is that it may be an aweful long time coming.
    So why tie up your money now and miss other profitable opportunities.

From a technical point of view, it seems that the shareprice may be close to its support and time to buy back in.

Even longer term investors should've, could've, would've taken some profits and be free carried or now buying a lot more shares.
    Many investors keep a core holding in stocks as well as a trading quantity used to decrease the cost of their core positions.
    If they do passionately believe in the company then there's nothing wrong with increasing their Net position at a reduced cost.

I repeat, I am a trader and I congratulate anyone who makes money when trading. They are obviously good at their jobs.
    I believe in using every tool available to make my business more profitable including forums such as this one.
    I use many forums for research and try to quantify people's opinions sifting facts from ramping and downramping.
    There are some very well educated posters on this thread whom I thank for sharing their knowledge.

But, I draw the line when it comes to outright lies. These guys get caught out by their own posts.
    They should know that you never have to remember anything when you tell the truth.

Finally, Johnny H was already PM before Kev07 came along and I've been trading long before I'd even heard of him.

Good luck and good trading to all
    kse3137

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.