SDV 3.39% 61.0¢ scidev ltd

Currently 2.3 tonnes of waste generated for every tonne of spent...

1. 748 Posts.
    Currently 2.3 tonnes of waste generated for every tonne of spent pickle liqour including 600kg of metal bearing waste.

Increasing landfill cost and decreasing landfill availabilty means it's only going to get more expensive.

Treated with alkali reagents to precipitate the matals as a sludge. this resulting sludge needs further treatment before becoming acceptable for landfill such as adding portland cement. According to the figures there must be a fair amount of cement.

Cement used in concrete is said to generate up to 5% of global emissions of Co2. Apart from that generated by the transport and offsite treatment of the SPL.

So the cement industry, the steel industry along with so called other big carbon emitters have been targeted with a carbon tax which has an impact on INL's opex due to electricity price increases.

Climate change minister Mr Greg Combet has stated that there will be 94.5% compensation to the steel industry due to the carbon tax.

Has made me start to wonder why also there can't be compensation to GBG. Because, while using electricity of an ever increasing price which supposedly generates climate ghange due to Co2 emissions it seems to me that GBG by using INL's technology may in a round about way be greatly decreasing carbon emmisions. This apart from saving valuable land otherwise used for landfill and by not wasteing valuable reusable resources that would also generate Co2 emissions.

Rock on Intec.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.