APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

apgs longer term future, page-3

1. 1,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    My research currently has me at 60/40 for a takeover.

Kloppers takes over BHP on 1 Oct. He's known to be more aggressive (in a business sense) than Goodyear who was into 'fiscal responsibility' apparently.

If RIO mount a T/O bid for Alcan in the next few weeks and BHP doesn't make a move my odds will go to 80/20.

Power is going to be an increasing problem in Southern Africa. Al smelters require huge amounts of power. There are also environmental and health concerns around Al smelters generally......BHP has 3 in Southern Africa, 1 in Mozambique and 2 at Richards Bay. They've had their first outages....

Maybe Kloppers will take BHP out of AL smelting gradually - still produce bauxite but maybe focus on SR and Ti ??? That would be an aggressive business move. Leave his mark on BHP, corner the market, and earn big $$ to boot. And why would you 'share' that with another Coy, even if you partially own it???

If memory serves, the APG technology is held in a separate entity. APG can sell off the technology very easily if this is the case. But APG mgt will need very big pockets in China if they are serious about China. Or do they just want an opportunity to spend their portion of the whopping 36,850,000 shares allocated in the staff share purchase plan?

:)
    Lekki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.