apolitical, page-10

1. 43,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    g'day pierogi..... "Share the light" is certainly the way to get through such trials of fear.... I think I've only heard one track with Vedder when he did something with Neil Young, though it could have been Suzanne Vega. He has a remarkable voice and I liked what I could hear of the lyrics. Loved the old organ... the sound of true acoustic instrument has always resonated with me, though this may be bias because I've never been able to move beyond acoustic instruments myself.

I get what you mean (I think) about the rawness of early blues artists, such as Johnson and so many others. I loved BB King and Muddy Waters for a time, along with Howlin' Wolf and others, until I came to a realisation that they were all essentially saying and doing the same thing. But British blues, such as Peter Green, Clapton, Mayall, Paul Butterfield were different..... then Led Zeppelin reared up with blues-inspired rock and US bands such as Iron Butterfly were experimenting as Sid Barrett and Pink Floyd were doing. Oh crikey the 60/70s sounds.

There were a few Aus bands too that were among the league of interesting experimenters such as Black Feather, Chain, Billy Thorpe, Russel Morris etc....

But getting back to acoustic ;-)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.