apolitical, page-5

1. 43,417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

@pierogi

You bugger ---==> yer've caused me to dig out some old lovelies I haven't listened to in many years

This guy has a huge range of brilliant stuph. I'll post up another next time

Thanks for sharing that pierogi.... I read a few books back in the 70s that told of Auschwitz and other places of evil and always since then I've wanted to go there..., always wanted to travel but never got away till almost 40 years later and even then it wasn't far to Vanuatu. I have a massive bucket list of places I shan't see in this life. but reading has taken me to many places and lived a few other lives.... for me reading is being, perceiving if not quite breathing. yet its vicarious or virtual travel, better than movies of course but nowhere near being there.

You have a remarkable memory of a strange strangers posts pierogi.... I'm certainly impressed with your incisive thinking - certainly not mere brain thinking but deep mind. the sort of thinking that separates out the Van Gogh type people from the "brainy" yes who get stuck in repeating words they've heard ..... Van Gogh had too great a passion and essentially couldn't avoid or resist the desire to make the expression of his soul so complete in colour, light and form.

I read once the critic's comment that if Mozart had been born in the 1950s he would have played just like Hendrix. I don't know if art is related to its context but certainly, while those who make art on the computer do beautiful things, certain instruments are of a different order and produce different qualities.... so I think Van Gogh would still have painted and Mozart would have been the preferred composer to the modern Salieri, Loyd-Webber.

Have you seen that animated flick of Vincent on SBS by the way?

Now I accept your modest manner my friend but I'm certain you've read deeply and widely too.... and isn't the internet and amazing resource for readers keen to learn new perspectives... and we meet such extraordinary people as well. the good does much to balance out the bad of course.... how could Trump have won without the internet and twitter? He could win over a lot of people on TV, similar to Dr Phil (is it truly Phil McCrackin --- how unsubtle) and whatshername... Oprah Winfrey... but I doubt he would have won without the amazing communications on fb and twits.

But back to your modest manner.... I'm certain there are many interested we share and each has their own insights....

I'm a ratbag but unfortunately not much of a joker.... looking froward to your response pierogi.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.