hey Scott, how's it going? Funny your comments on bipolar. I can...

1. 5,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

hey Scott, how's it going?

Funny your comments on bipolar. I can relate. I'm not so clued up on it but, in my limited real world experience, I found the manic side problematic. The bragging can be a tad infuriating to put it lightly. You certainly have a solid background to help your step-son which is no small thing.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of blues per se , I'm a fan of authenticity. I like the essence of things which is what I feel those raw blues muso's were. I've always liked punk for the same reason. To me, there is a purity that comes from the impoverished working class or similar social position that can't be replicated. Attempts to refine it destroy it. Like overworking an abstract expressionist painting until the angst driven essence is muted. Something is lost but it isn't always easy to figure out what was lost or when. There is a type of controlled chaos and distortion that can be good.

This was my song of the pandemic. Takes me back to lockdown with that existential social threat lurking beyond the door but the promise of a common unified purpose to rise above it. So much promise and possibility but those who are threatened by social cohesion had to destroy it lest we come to understand and get a taste for our collective strength. The type of collective strength that can bring social change but lower profits. I'm trying to remain apolitical, lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.