Apologies to West Coast

1. 420 Posts.
    Before Simpson took over at WCE, then coach Worsfold boldly stated this was the team that would get them a premiership in the future. As a WCE and Woosha supporter I thought he was off with the fairies if he thought that list would ever be a finals contender. I thought the mid field was woeful and needed a complete overhaul. Along came Simpson and I initially found him hard to take seriously, his press conferences often sounded like he had just got out of bed. But how wrong was I. Within 2 years of taking over as coach and in that time retirements to some greats, Cox, Glass, Embley and Waters, WCE are in a grand final. Unbelievable effort considering the early loss of Mackenzie and Brown in the backline then Schofield and McGovern limping through many games, I don't think to many people would have predicted them to be playing in the Grand Final. Win Lose or draw next week, well done Eagles in particular Simpson, outstanding effort. My biggest concerns a couple of years ago was the midfield, well now I believe its one of the best in the competition, with plenty of depth waiting on the sidelines. Any doubts have long since faded, with a young and stable list the future looks good. Woosha turned out to be right about the list, myself and probably many others were wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.