Apology needed for entire population, page-115

1. 83,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    it's clear to me that many people seem to have no idea of risk - what it means, god knows, how to judge it, nor what to do with a judgement

I akin a lot of this vaccine stuff to something like an airbag

is an airbag ------- safe, effective, simple etc

take 'safe' -

is an airbag 'safe'? ----------------- well - kinda. Yes and no.

If the airbag deploys when your car nudges something at half a kilometre an hour in the coles carpark --------- then, no - it's NOT safe.

There was far more RISK of damage from the airbag deploying that any damage to you by the tiny nudge.

But, if I hit the supermarket solid brick wall at 8o km/hr front on - and the bag deploys -

then, thank you very much - I'm probably going to be very happy about the safety of the airbag doing it's job - even though I might suffer some damage - it's highly likely to be far less than if I didn't have an airbag.

To me - vaccines are exactly the same ------- when I was surrounded by Covid here - when all one saw was ambulances day in day out carrying people, when one saw a lot of funerals, when one heard the hospital helicopters flying overhead every day multiple times - and I had contacts who worked in hospitals telling me what they were seeing in ICU etc --------- it was a no brainer - get vaccinated and keep it up whilst the risks were high.
    I saw very few people who had any reactions to the vaccines - and that's also been since - but, I saw a lot of deaths etc from the virus.

Now, fast forward to about?? can't recall exactly - last December ish - maybe January - my partner said - 'are you getting a booster' --------- I said that I suspected not - because I didn't think there was much risk.
    So, I checked in the whole country and there was bugger all Covid about, there was almost no one sick at all - even from flu etc. and in my area there was literally zero covid -

so - to me - the risk of vaccination complications was higher than the risk of getting Covid at that time --------- there's always risks with any medical thing that you swallow or get stabbed into you etc. -------- so, for this period ----------- no vaccine thank you.

To me, there's not a cut and dried - it all depends on several factors.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.