MSM 0.00% 5.9¢ msm corporation international ltd

App Improvements

1. 32 Posts.
    Purpose

The purpose of this post is to generate a list of suggested ways for improving the app and creating a better users experience.

Background

I have been a shareholder for over a year. I remain positive about the outlook for the company and think that it’s probably shaping up better than I expected when I bought my first shares. I think management have done a good job progressing everything to its current stage, particularly:

- creating a good platform (i.e. the app),
    - involving / incentivising Usher to the point where he promotes Megastar as “his new App”,
    - attracting performers (which provides the content), and
    - marketing the app (Mainstream media coverage has exceeded expectation)

As a shareholder, I would like to see the app itself be as engaging as possible encouraging users to return daily and maximise their time in the app. As the company matures these will be important metrics both from a revenue generation (setting the rates for in app advertising) and valuation (multiple applied to Daily Active Users etc.)

Potential App Improvements

I have been using the app since the Australian launch and have the following suggestions for improvement:

1. There should be a way to filter the videos. Certainly by category but perhaps also by country etc. (i.e. if I just want to look at dancers or videos from Australia).

2. There should be a way to look at the newly added content. Initially their could simply be a recently added section, but ideally the App could be smart enough to know when you were last logged in and give you the option to view videos which have been added since your last visit. This will reduce the need to be scrolling down the list all the time and may encourage people to return to the app multiple times thought the day and generally improve the user experience.

(There is a bit of a first mover advantage on these videos, as people who get up the list early are then at the top of the list and people use their votes before they get too far down the list. Not sure how to best address this…)

3. There should be an full archive of the “go live” videos that people can watch when it suits them. The artists would probably be more encouraged to create extra videos if more people watched them. Perhaps this sections could just be renamed to something like “Backstage” etc.

4. The full history off all comments should be retained for each video. At the moment it seems like they get deleted after a while. People like to see the full history as a sign of activity on the app etc.

5. The app should list how many views a video has had. Again, this will give people a sense for how many others are participating. When you watch a YouTube video you can see this.

6. There should be a way to see how many gifts artists have received (and from who) and conversely perhaps a way of seeing how many gifts a user has given (perhaps with a privacy option). It’s like charity, people like to be recognised for their generosity. The aim of this is to increase the amount of in App gifting and improve the experience for users and contestants.

Hopefully that gets the ball rolling. I’ll open it up to the forum for other value adding suggestions. Perhaps this thread can be limited to suggestions for improving the app itself (as oppose to more general comments about what management should be doing).

If people want to keep the sequential numbering going that may also be helpful (for discussion on particular points).

After a few days, we can assume the list a read by MSM IR/PR, send the company a brief note with the list or direct them to the post.

I look forward to any thoughts from fellow shareholders.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.