CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

apparent media silence, page-15

1. 1,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Great post reggie,

All newbies/inexperienced investors should read it.

I can add a few things that work for me.
    First there are a lot of “noise” posters, that don’t add anything, as well as rampers (in both directions); plus some who just enjoy being a nuisance. So after reading for a while you should gain an understanding of those knowledgeable posters that are worthwhile reading. People like your good self, defabstar, swap etc on this board. So I put them into favourites. Then all your favourites are highlighted, so you can just ignore all the others. Also side benefit is you can see what other stocks your favourites are posting on. Saves a lot of time & for newbies/inexperienced ones, it keeps them from reading all the rubbish & being spooked by those with other agendas.
    When time, I do read through all posts, generally on a weekend I’ll read back a day or two, just in case new quality posters have appeared, who are then added to favourites.

I also think it ESSENTIAL for all to do their own research & not blindly follow what AY poster says. Not even the favourites. Research isn’t hard. Asx.com.au have very good educational tools to get started. Then also on ASX (or whatever site you use like Commsec, etrade), you go to announcements & read latest. For a new stock like CER was recently, I go back & read every announcement for at least the last 6 months. Presentations are an easier way to cut through all that reading, but I like to get all the detail myself. If no recent presentations, then quarterlies/half yearly/annual reports useful. Here’s the most recent AGM ann. In 5 pages you can get a reasonable overview.
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20081127/pdf/31dvtxmcp5b0fs.pdf

Google business has a neat function where you scroll your mouse in the chart & it expands the date range & shows news dates on the chart & has those tagged at the side. also allows overlays c/w peer group.
    http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=ASX:CER

News commentary/broker reports add to the picture, but you need to remember there can be biased reporting, so take all these reports with a grain of salt.

So not a difficult process, just needs a bit of time. If you are investing your hard earned cash, you need to ensure you know as much about the stock as you can, so you are able to decide if it fits your investment criteria.

All a tip from whatever source, including HC etc, ( I was first alerted to CER by a mate), should do, is put it onto your watchlist & START you researching.
    Good luck to all.

Cheers,

Ned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.