@yellowninjah; since I'm over 70 and with age-related health...

1. 46,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @yellowninjah; since I'm over 70 and with age-related health issues, by enabling Covid19 to run amok through Australia Morrison and Perrottet have terminated my ability to choose :

1. Protecting my health has to be my highest priority - a Covid infection is a virtual death warrant for me even though I'm triple vaxxed.
    2. My second priority has to be survival - purchasing essential supplies now means far fewer visits to shops, no visits to cafes or restaurants.
    3. Third on my list is caring for family - I've a younger sister in the latter stages of chemotherapy, a nephew with a life-threatening bipolar condition who relies heavily on me for support and a 91+ year old mother-in-law for whom my wife is the prime carer etc.
    4. Fourth on my list are our own kids, grandkids and close friends - we no longer visit them and now interact via zoom etc.

As a self-funded retiree I manage our SMSF from home. Since the Pandemic began we've only travelled within Australia to places unaffected by Covid, now its everywhere we won't be travelling at all. We do all of home maintenance - minimising interactions with tradies etc.

Our foreseeable future seems restricted to living at home. Many other Australians will be similarly constrained and many are anxious about the irresponsible, $Greed-driven decisions Morrison is imposing on them:

" ‘Parents aren’t confident’: Poll finds two-thirds of parents oppose schools reopening "
    https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/education/2022/01/16/parents-oppose-schools-reopening/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.