New Zealand Exchange Limited Level 2, NZX Centre
    11 Cable Street
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Company Announcements Platform Australian Securities Exchange
    10th Floor, 20 Bond Street
    Sydney
    NSW 2000
    Appeal Hearing Concludes in the High Court
    Bathurst Resources Limited (ASX & NZX: BTU) is pleased to advise that the High Court of New Zealand has concluded the hearing of appeals in relation to resource consents for the Escarpment Mine Project.
    An appeal on two points of law was lodged by the Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society New Zealand Incorporated (Forest and Bird) against the preliminary decision of the Environment Court on the relevance of the Sullivan permit and a further appeal on 12 points of law was lodged on the Environment Court’s interim decision indicating it would likely grant Resource Consent for the Escarpment Project.
    Prior to the commencement of the High Court hearing, Forest and Bird withdrew four points of law in one of their appeals and during the course of the hearing withdrew a further three points of law from this same appeal.
    In closing, Justice Fogarty of the High Court acknowledged the urgency of the matter and indicated that he would endeavor to reach a decision before the next hearing of the Environment Court which is set down for 12 June 2013.
    BTU Managing Director Hamish Bohannan said “The conclusion of this hearing brings us another step closer to completing the consenting process.”
    Last week Bathurst was granted an Access Arrangement from the Department of Conservation for the Escarpment project.
    On behalf of Bathurst Resources Limited
    Hamish Bohannan Managing Director

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.