BRN 0.00% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Appearance on Reddit front page, page-6

1. 1,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 419
    How are they shameful?

The majority is positive and having healthy discussions regarding the field of neural computing.

To quote a few comments talking directly about BrainChip:

"BrainChip" is hardware that is designed to work well for neural networks. The important thing about the BrainChip is that memory is "distributed"; instead of every neuron trying to access the same big memory storage area, each one has its own little area that it alone can access. This means that the neurons don't have to compete for access to memory, they can all just do their own little process without having to wait for eachother, which makes the neural networks a hell of a lot faster than if they were running on a Von Neumann machine.

These dudes made a unique type of computer chip that is better for neural networks because it gives each neuron its own little bit of memory rather than making them all compete for access to one big pool of memory.

I think this is the tradeoff they play. True North has 1 million neurons per chip while I think the "brainchip" is just the Snap64 with 64k neurons. [Not] multiplexing allows further efficiencies with memory densities.

The only direct negative comment about BrainChip I could find:

Guys this is mostly hype. The "brainchip" has only been shown as a proof of concept on an FPGA, and AFAIK the learning algorithm is STDP shown in software simulations. People have been doing both of these things for quite some time. In fact, IBM did this in 2011, and actually made a chip, but didn't find the hardware compelling enough to continue: http://www.modha.org/papers/013.CICC2.pdf

My reply to the comment above is that this person didn't bother to research what Brainchip is and thinks what BRN is doing is the same as IBM which we have all established many times is false.
    Last edited by MrSiliconValley: 29/12/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $451.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 24.0¢ 21.5¢ $2.863M 12.69M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 136498 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 444756 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.