APX 1.60% $1.90 appen limited

One of the issues might well be that the poster that you're...

1. 397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    One of the issues might well be that the poster that you're referring to, has most definitely been pumping this stock since they held at 30 something dollars.

That same poster happens to feed the clowns. From well above $30, to well under $2 - the continued pumping becomes questionable.

I'm not invested in APX. I got in at about $13 and locked in a loss at about $12. Something like that. I haven't gone back since. Even at these levels, it doesn't look like a good long term investment. What's Appens moat? Are there barriers to entry? How diverse is their customer base? I 'd suggest that if Appen had any form of intrinsic value, then they would've been taken over a long time ago. After all, they look dirt cheap right? But no one is interested. Ask yourself why?

It's a real pity because I want to see aussie tech thrive. There's at least a dozen tech stocks within our index that may be fully valued, but even at lofty valuations, they seem to be a far more sensible investment than Appen. Some of these stocks have earnings visibility. With Appen, you have to squint really hard to see the optimistic road ahead. I have no doubt that traders could do alright with Appen. If that's your thing, then good luck.

"You should never take advice from anonymous people on interwebs." - Calvo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.