APX 1.09% 45.5¢ appen limited

Appen Strategic Valuation, page-150

1. 2,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1074
    TH
    I saw that video somewhere, and when I thought about it in the context of Appen, I assumed that it would have an impact on the 'Speech & Images' part of the business rather than Relevance part which accounts for 80-90% of their business.

I've always thought that there would be disruption to the Appen business as surely the AI models that their customers are developing at some stage are going to impact Appen's revenues, but remember that (a) not all their clients are moving at the same speed so some will still need the legacy services that the Appen cloud provide, and (b) clients will need to continue to test their evolving AI engines against the services that Appen provide.

Anyway, I think it would be very challenging to gauge the level of disruption (and more importantly impact to revenues) so the guidance each year is critical which is why IMO the 'negative' talking points from the conference had such an impact.

Remember that car companies have been working for more than a decade to get to self driving cars....yes a very mission critical thing, but no one seems close to have an autonomous car.....the path seems to be one of 2 steps forward, and 1 step back, and that IMO gives Appen in their model to evolve as their clients do

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $101.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 46.5¢ 45.5¢ $349.7K 758.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 228653 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 11361 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.