UNI 0.20% $4.97 universal store holdings limited

Sleep, if the deal is concluded in time, you should be well in...

1. 5,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2763
    Sleep, if the deal is concluded in time, you should be well in the money. If not, I would still expect an announcement some time prior to explain the status of negotiations. Remember Alan Shortall also has 7 million options, tho' I don't know on what terms. If the exercise date is the same as the others, you can guarantee he will be working his butt off to get the deal to bed in time.

My impression of Alan Shortall is that he is one tough negotiator, and is not going to roll over to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal. Unilife are in a very strong position and I think the big pharma know it. Unilife's syringe technology takes the market to a new level. Thus big pharma need Unilife as much as we need them. There are plenty of other interested competitors who would jump at the chance to take a seat at the negotiating table if the current deal were not to happen on terms suitable to both parties. That's why they have allowed such a long period of time to conclude the deal, and also why they are paying to maintain an exclusive negotiating position.

That the deal may not be concluded by June 30 is simply a risk we have to take. I don't have any oppies, as I didn't particicpate in that particular rights issue. If I did I'd be hoping like heck it happens in time, but if not, weren't they free? And in the big scheme of things, to still be able to buy at this level is the next best thing to a 20 cent exercise price.

Finally, I've said it before but it's worth repeating. It may come as a surprise to some on this thread to learn that Alan Shortall takes his responsibilities to shareholders very, very seriously. And not just in a legal sense, but also in a moral sense, (if I can use that word without being slammed from here to eternity.) He really wants this to be a blinder so all shareholders get the benefit, and he is doing his utmost to ensure that happens.

In this respect a little faith will go a long way. Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.97
Change
0.010(0.20%)
Mkt cap ! $381.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.02 $5.02 $4.88 $115.4K 23.28K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 129 $4.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.97 1119 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.