PTX 2.22% 4.6¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Ann: Appendix 4E and 2023 Annual Report, page-16

1. 7,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3265
    Something I have to admit to overlooking which, in hindsight, now seems so obvious, is the fact that the "stealth mode" label was applied when CellPryme was being developed. It was under the program title of Cell & Gene Therapy Enhancement. The R&D was intiated with Carina Biotech then more recently and more intensely with Peter Mac. So, basically, the cell therapy enhancement half of the CGT program had been achieved with the outcome being CellPryme and now we are about to come out of stealth mode once again with the outcome of the gene therapy enhancement half of the CGT program.

Totally recognise that stealth mode was necessary to protect IP until such time as we lodge patent applications. We currently have two patents applications lodged... one for CellPryme and one for OmniCAR (PTX-optimised version) #2. What remains unclear is how our Gene Therapy Enhancement platform extensions to OmniCAR fit in with our current patent applications. Well, its unclear to me (but may well be obvious to others already), whether the gene editing undertaken in our particular non-viral manufacturing process is novel and/or inventive enough to justify a patent application or not... Or whether the genome editing is specific to OmniCAR but I guess we will be finding out soon enough.

Surely, we won't have developed an entirely new and unique gene editing system akin to CRISPR? I recall Steven mentioning that complex gene engineering wasn't necessary. That statement never left my head! But the following statement on Thermo Fisher's website sort of explains it:

Transfection is the process by which CRISPR ribonucleoprotein (RNP), DNA, and RNA molecules are delivered into cells. One challenging step of the CRISPR-Cas9 workflow is the transfection step—how to effectively deliver the CRISPR-Cas9 components into the cell line of choice. There are many methods of CRISPR delivery, however the most appropriate method depends on the application.

CRISPR TRANSFECTION

I don't profess to understand much more than beyond the very basics. But, perhaps, non-viral transfection is the method that will prove superior to viral transduction in tackling solid tumours. It is certainly the safest method from what I have read. And, I dare say that a genome engineering application was specifically required for OmniCAR... and, yes, would require patenting given that OmniCAR will now be that much more advanced than the orginal version that we licensed from UPenn.

Anyway, I'm sure others are well on top of the science (more so than yours truly)... and know the company better given the length of time some have been invested. Yes, Thermo Fisher know the game well... they wouldn't turn over the billions they do every year without exercising a low profile when it suits and when it doesn't.
    Last edited by Shellbell: 01/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $37.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ $26.47K 585.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 369667 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 26283 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.5¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ 107148
Last updated 15.41pm 22/05/2024 ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.