ZIP 0.70% $2.85 zip co limited..

Apple BNPL launched, page-8

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    It's not good timing for Apple. They've been planning a move into BNPL since last year but, the behemoth is not factoring in what the US economy is doing now.

And Goldman Sachs is providing the money to Apple... I can't see another 2008 bailout this time around as Obama's intervention in 2008 only required $1.5trillion.

When the mortgage market implodes this time it will require at least $4.5trillion to bail it out and I can't see that coming. Remember that the Federal Reserve has to raise interest rates to cool this runaway inflation which means mortgage defaults and more sub-prime chaos from those who are in too deep on debt.
    Many states across the USA have seen their better neighborhoods rise in price from 2016 to now at insane hikes- houses that were $800K only 6 years ago are now $1,800,000.00 - they will fall in price when people have to pay the higher mortgage repayments and, the lenders will tank again.

Hmm, this is the wrong product at the wrong time... I seem to recall an era when RCA was the biggest corporation on earth and RCA felt left out of the new laser disc industry so, RCA entered the already saturated market with its own laser disc come plastic cassette thing.
    The late-to-market device sank the entire company altogether as it was the wrong product at the wrong time.

# Remember that the glowing articles now in praise of Apple's entry into BNPL are paid for ads... wait 3 months to read some actual analysis and it will tell a very different story.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.