Sheesh Jonno -some of the articles you have found lately are...

1. 2,672 Posts.
    Sheesh Jonno -some of the articles you have found lately are really good. Been meaning to say something really - hard to find time though.

So what do you make of the competitor/industry partner relationship? For me it's firstly a fine line distinguishing the two. But I think more importantly you can't have an industry with competition - with competitors - without first developing an industry -and that only happens best thru partnership. Now in the tech space partnership like this usually leads to 'cream off the top' revenue - aka licensing. Auto industry is full of licensing arrangements between competitors. Not uncommon to see a brake system created by one manufacturer being licensed to another maker to use in their car. Plethora of examples.

I think this is why Musk created this concept of 'good faith' relationships - investment. Toyota and Daimler a good example. His relationship with Panasonic. Daimler and Toyota imo were brought into the science going into these batteries by virtue of being a good faith stockholder. Daimler and Toyota then looks to exit and head down their own path with battery tech. But I bet my bottom dollar that there is a form of payment Daimler and Toyota owes Tesla - the licensing part. We just haven't figured out what it is yet. I'm speculating but the auto industry appears to be a system of favours and back scratching. Similar to tech space. So is the Tesla/Daimler/Toyota licensing deal a condition of some sort rather than actual money. Toyota and Daimler have committed to making their fast charging stations compatible with Tesla’s have they not?

I will say one thing - if I am even remotely correct then that Musk got a set of b@lls on him. Confident that he would not be put out of business by his good faith open sourcing tech model. Unless you are absolutely confident that there will be so many Eskimo customers that will explode exponentially to make this a critical mass type industry.

We're in the industry partner stanza of this concept - competition must come later.

Gotta go 'domestic' myself for the rest of the day. Keep posting what interests you buddy - as I am finding it very... confirmatory.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.