LYC 1.89% $6.75 lynas rare earths limited

apple's ceo to bring production back to us, page-2

1. 2,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Amen. Now I'm older and have traveled around and have a greater appreciation for things instead of what was force fed to me or simply too naive to challenge I give this announcement a big clap.

Yes its great to have cheaper products because manufacturing was outsourced overseas. But there is definitely a line (and its hard to say where that line is) where outsourcing goes too far.

I say we tripped, threw up and catapulted over that line a long time ago. Such massive outsourcing of manufacturing to China should never have been allowed.

As an example lets say an iPad costs 500. If somebody said ok you can pay 500 for this iPad if its manufactured in China or 560 if manufactured in USA or AUstralia etc.
    I'd pay 560.

600 (100 difference) I think would be where the cutoff point lies for me.

Globalization works but those that think its the be all and end all are very uninformed. Manufacturing needs to be brought back, not all of it should be and probably can't be but the more high tech stuff like high end IT products and what not should be.

Widgets or simple consumables can stay where they are in China but anything that retails for greater than 400 dollars should have its manufacturing brought back to the first world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.75
Change
-0.130(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $6.332B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.75 $6.83 $6.72 $6.919M 1.022M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 12433 $6.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.75 7755 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.37pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.