LYC 1.05% $7.69 lynas rare earths limited

Approaching Sigh Time Again, page-23

1. 19,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4975
    Jim, do you even read the AR?

Sales by value 2016 FY were 47% China, 37% Japan, 10% Vietnam (which via Japanese metal makers is a proxy for Japan), effectively it was 47%/47%.

Did you even notice the only thing the Japanese asked for in the debt renegotiation's was a greater annual allocation of NdPr, but NOT at Lynas financial disadvantage?

Do you understand that? The Japanese need to OUTBID the Chinese for increased NdPr, with Nth RE publicly stating their goal to consume 80% production into their brand new magnetic metals plant Lynas will become by far the biggest NdPr supplier to open mkts.

There are NO new mkts for NdPr, demand is split 85% China/15% Japan (higher grade NdFeB).

You can dream on with the current US Senate regurgitating the Critical Metals Bill from 2010 but suggest you go read:

http://aamweb.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/research-pdf/RemakingAmericanSecurityMay2013_2.pdf

Page 105: "No domestic NdFeB manufacturer remains."

And given US's TOTAL imports of non catalyst RE ran to a whole 385t 2016 I'm thinking nothing much has changed recently.

Rest of your diatribe re prices isn't worth commenting on, frankly insulting.

Pencil in the first @ 15c, and the second @ 21c, unless I add again.
    Last edited by ausheds: 22/04/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.