TLG 6.67% 40.0¢ talga group ltd

I think its a good judgement to focus on products that can...

1. 400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    I think its a good judgement to focus on products that can generate reliable revenue. Glad to see they've kept graphene R&D around as a potential future revenue stream but not relied on it for the core business. Talga's graphene R&D doesn't factor into my decision to invest, but I'm still glad to get some exposure to the potential.

RE the graphene hull coating trial: by chance I came across a well informed comment that describes some of the properties of a good hull coating. It puts the challenge into perspective. https://www.reddit.com/r/educationalgifs/comments/nj8leq/spraying_a_boat_with_superhydrophobic_coating/gz69lxl/

I got the impression if a hull coating can do all of this then the product is guaranteed to be successful:

• It needs to be easy to work with so it can be applied quickly as time spent in dry-docks is very expensive.
    • The surface of a well-prepped test area VS the surface of a ships hull will have different levels of 'smooth'. The product needs to be effective when applied to imperfect surfaces.
    • Needs to protect against growth (barnacles etc).
    • The anti-fouling effect needs to be effective for years without any dry-docking in that period.
    • Needs to resist variations in water salinity, water temperatures, ship speeds.
    • Needs to resist contaminated water in docks which may contain various liquids, solvents and debris.
    • Needs to be approved for use in different areas (in case of leaching or scaling that could pollute water).

This might begin to explain why there's little to no news on how Talga is going in this space, because it sounds difficult it takes time to see results.
    Last edited by JSSF: 07/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.025(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $171.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.5¢ 43.5¢ 40.0¢ $1.205M 2.899M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 165684 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 7600 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.