APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Disagree. Xmas time is the big, yes, but stop thinking typical...

1. 2,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 660
    Disagree. Xmas time is the big, yes, but stop thinking typical retail stats for past 100 years, Afterpay isn't typical. It's changing the spending habits and culture. People are using it for personal spending all year round, not just to buy their family presents for a one off occasion. I for one had never heard of Afterpay until November last year. Merchants and customers will be booming and people will be spending all year round. This is not just a 'buy heaps of sheet for Xmas presents coz I have to credit card', this is a 'buy all the sheet I want all year round coz I can budget it.' How many people are using it for flights with Jetstar?I've bought about $2k worth of fishing gear from BCF in last 3 months. I know my Mrs spends a lot on clothes and homewares. Just got a Dyson stick vacuum, Harvey Norman's?? Hell no, Afterpay at Big W! I'll be betting on exceeding expectations next qtr and next few years for that matter. Do you really think this will slow down, not for another couple of years imo, still early days, still need time for young people to tell their friends and show their parents how to use it. Think about the in store rollout as it happens, they've teamed with Wesfarmers and there's so many Afterpay signs in shop fronts at Highpoint etc it's not funny. Our local marketplace has about 40 shops in total and 20 of them have it. The in store barcode system has barely even started, people basically don't know how to use it... wait til it's the norm. Let people tell their friends about it, she's spreading like wild fire, no doubt. Wait til Qantas and Jetstar are doing international flights, hotels accepting it for bookings, Dan Murphys for a slab and a bottle of wine, tickets for concerts, servicing your car... buggered if I know but the list is infinite.
    Last edited by Wizardwiegy: 17/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.