APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

APT - chart only, page-109

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306
    Incorrect on all counts. If the share price had doubled I would still be worried because there is an ASIC investigation and a Senate Inquiry into the pay-now-pay-later sector. So any irresponsible lending, or anything that appears like irresponsible lending, heightens the risk of stricter regulation. Even with a doubled share price, these kinds of spend limits are a big worry because they also heighten the risk of bad debt, especially when it comes to younger millennials.

And your idea that the limit is only $125 more means you obviously have woken up too early this morning. Using your logic, the original maximum limit wasn't 1000, it was actually 750 (having to pay 250 up front). So the maximum allowable limit has increased from 750 to 1125 or by 33%.   

My original limit was only 360. It's now 1500. That's a limit increase of more than 400%! If that kind of limit increase is being replicated across hundreds of thousands of customers, it will be interesting to see what ASIC and the Senate Inquiry make of it.

Not that any of the intoxicated bulls on hear want to think about that. I have a big investment in APT and I want to see it succeed on a global scale. My hope is that APT maintains the same laser focus on it's customers, debt management and responsible lending that has gotten it to where it currently is. But 400% limit increases?

Last edited by jdon: 30/10/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.