APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

@StefanFThat's what you might come up with if you looked at the...

1. 1,738 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 879
    @StefanF
    That's what you might come up with if you looked at the Google Trends data in isolation. However you do concede there has been a large influx of new retail accounts into the market? There are also dormant accounts reopening. The data is out there and I think I have posted it before.

"In addition to the increased trading, there was a sharp increase in the number of new retail investors to the market – up by a factor of 3.4 times – as well as a marked increase in the number of reactivated dormant accounts."
    https://www.moneymanagement .com.au/news/policy-regulation/asic-warns-retail-investors-against-playing-volatile-markets

"Accelerated growth in ‘active traders’ joining the platform. Up 48% quarter-on-quarter" - SelfWealth Q3

You could also speculate that all this time at home since the lockdown started, happens to coincide near the share market bottom in late March. With people stuck at home with more time on their hands, you can imagine them spending more time looking at stocks & putting their money to work. I've noticed your posting on Hotcopper has also increased significantly in the last couple of months.

My theory for what happens later this year for the general markets and APT is - you may disagree with this - new retail money starts running out, markets roll over, new retail money which bought on FOMO without much thought to valuation begins panic selling, and we get another crash, maybe not quite as severe, as the one in Feb-March.

Last edited by upside_down: 11/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.