APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

APT Chart, page-1893

1. SRV
    3,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    The Dotcom boom was fuelled by ignorance, optimism and greed. The difference with 99.9% of those companies compared to APT & ZIP in particular is that they had neither a business plan, significant turnover nor a massively expanding uptake of paying users. Only the strongest first movers - subsequently those with practical vision and clear monetisation strategy in the space - Google, Facebook, Amazon etc won thru - and massively. I expect you would have said the said the same of Facebook after startup as you are about APT now. FB's and Amazon's numbers speak for themselves. One thing I did learn in that period, taking a starting £25k and selling everything on 14th March 2000 for a £225k profit, one day before the bubble burst (by a combination of sheer luck & fear) - was that with any new technology or tulip one must try to back the co's with the fastest route to scalable profit. If I hadn't been here before I'd probably be just calling you a doomsayer, guided by an irrational fear of the unknown and subjectively perceived risk. Noone saw covid19 coming. Black swan. Noone knew on March 13th this year that they could've gone balls deep on whatever they could buy of 'good' companies. In consideration of these two truisms I can only suggest to make good choices in taking advantage of opportunities as they present - buy the 'picks & shovels' in the BNPL/payments niche you feel most comfortable with perhaps. Make hay while the sun shines - life is short - and ignore the muppets. GLTAH.
    Last edited by SRV: Substituted words 21/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.