APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

3000 is still a pretty nice core holding. I'm only at 2000...

1. 654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    3000 is still a pretty nice core holding. I'm only at 2000 myself - half bought between 16 and 18 and rest bought around 23 with a recent top up around 30. Overall I'm still only ahead in %'ages not multiples. Unless APT demonstrates it holds the potential to become a Visa or MC (ie another 50x) then I would probably sell 1000 at $100.

I feel APT has 2 potential futures -

1) a max out at $25-35bn market cap with a decent franchise but competition, lack of moat (beyond first mover advantage and brand recognition) and potential regulations and future disruptions compressing its prospects further and market saturation reached in its current format

2) a $250bn market cap based on APT becoming a global standard payment mechanism with universal recognition and adoption across developed and developing markets including China, SE Asia and India, alliances with EVERYONE from ALL off line retailers to all major online players like Amazon to Ali Baba to Lazada to Mercadolibre and wallet players like Apple Pay and Samsung Pay for all purchases AND Subscriptions

Of course if it became obvious that the second vision was realistic it stands a good chance of being bought out but at least team has that ambition. They just need to figure out the way to achieve the vision, accelerate global roll out and build more tier 1+ relationships.

A

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.