APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

APT concerns

1. 5,511 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    Good morning everyone. I was hoping to get some discussions on any concerns you might have for APT.

Personally I like the concept and it has well and truly taken off in Australia. There is more upside to come in Australia and for me the US expansion is the real kicker here, especially with a strengthening USD. So in general I'm very positive on APT.
    However, as a shareholder I need to look at the good and the bad. I have two main concerns, one short term one long term:
    1. I think the only thing that could have a negative impact on APT in the short run is if they get regulated due to evidence of minors buying alcohol.
    2. On a longer term basis, I wonder how APT would fair in an economic downturn. While some people might view this as a good thing since it could force people to use APT to relief financial pressure, but I would expect bad loans to increase a fair bit. In a struggling economy you'd pay your other bills before you pay after pay. To add to these concerns, the majority of after pay retailers are in a luxury or non-discretionary space.

I'm not here to down ramp but much rather get some discussions going on whether you guys have any real concerns regarding this stock and what they are. It is always good to have a look at the complete picture. Personally I'm very bullish on this stock, especially with the US expansion and inclusion into the ASX 200 but no stock is without risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.