DXC 0.36% $2.81 dexus convenience retail reit

aqr turns a 3 year chart around in 1 week, page-106

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    hotwolf...

I hear you...and I know it isn't allowed...but it does happen.

I know of several stocks, one in particular, that were placed in a trading halt which eventually became a suspension for a short period...and it turned out after settlement (t+3, whilst still suspended), that several groups were short.

Clearly they were caught out by the halt!

It was a non-shortable stock!

As I said...I suspect certain people have a way around such things.

I agree, naked short-selling is a pretty dangerous paste-time, but these guys would probably only do it for an hour or so intra-day, I assume from a relatively informed position, so the chance of getting caught is probably pretty slim.

I suspect naked short selling, which is "corrected" the same day, happens on virtually every trader special that attracts the retail end of the market.

One need only look at the goings on with Opes Prime, with the borrowing of stock from peoples accounts, without permission or prior knowledge, to see one possible avenue. How many other "trading groups", with back-end access to account positions, might do similar things?

Of course...it is not allowed right, so doesn't happen...lol...tell that to Opes Prime customers...and god knows who else.

The apparent desperation towards the close each day during the run on AQR, is certainly indicative of "someone" needing to balance their books before the close, rather than an attempted grooming of closing price.

The massive spat for stock on Tuesday's close with a 2c uptick from the last trade, which itself was impacted by an apparent rush for volume in the dying minutes, was of itself quiet revealing.

Regardless, it appears those playing these games, be it naked short selling, borrowed stock selling or simply swing traders trying to get back in after earlier sales...they have not been able to drive the price swings where they want them.

Something...or someone...keeps buying the stock otherwise being used intra-day to knock the price down.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.81
Change
0.010(0.36%)
Mkt cap ! $387.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.81 $2.85 $2.81 $437.3K 154.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 18960 $2.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.84 15000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DXC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.