LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

I think your first comments are now answered. I think the only...

1. 7,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 493

I think your first comments are now answered. I think the only Currencies that concern Lynas are MYR, USD and YEN. Yen and USD all depends how price is determined in their contract. I am in US so it is very hard for me to know if there is any US component in them. I have talk to several people they say that even if no US company is involved often there is, I do not know. The very fact that Lynas uses USD in reports for pricing makes me think there is a US component, but do not know. MYR. the bulk of Labor is MYR. Most solvents are probably MYR. The plant evaluation is MYR. If they are not selling into China any more. and Using USD to in pricing REO then the RMB becomes much less important. I know that USD prices closely follow RMB prices, they are not tied. I am far more worried about WW demand for REO products outside of China declining because of economic slowdown.
    Then again I posted about a year ago that AUD/USD would never drop below 0.70 except for very short dips. Obviously wrong. I think AU is in far better shape than US. Living in US I see the US interest rate being very low. I forget that it is one of the highest of the countries that are considered "safe for investment" This has caused huge movements of foreign cash into US boosting the USD. This will reverse when Slowdown fears subside. I have pulled all my EU investments but I am watching carefully to see when to get back in. IF we go into recession EU will go first. The US is very low on tools to stop a recession so US will follow.

The fact is that when DT first started talkingabout tariffs the RMB/USD was about 6.3. Today it is now 7.16 a 13% change which if I look at all products from china to US not just those with tariffs applied is greater than tariffs. Of course for productlike steal this is close to a 40% increase combined in US. For record the RMB/ AUD was 4.79 March’18 4.81 to day not much of a change.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.