ARU 0.00% 16.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

There is no shortage of intervention!I have been clear about my...

1. 2,552 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1729
    There is no shortage of intervention!

I have been clear about my perspective on Chinese spot pricing for the past three months. Regardless of how we approach it, it all points to a decoupling of prices. I remember @stuwall suggesting the term "price diversion" might be more accurate. However, the key point is that Western governments keep introducing new strategies that effectively make the Chinese spot price irrelevant. I now believe this decoupling will happen sooner than I initially expected, possibly before our first production at ARU.

Several factors contribute to this view:
    1. Tariffs in the US, Canada, and EU—at or above 25% on Chinese supplies.
    2. Subsidies such as 10% production credits, inflation reduction Act.
    3. Mandates ensuring Western supply is utilised—35% in the EU, in addition to the supply deficit that independent researchers have modeled.
    4. Floor prices to ensure profitability.

These factors suggest that Western rare earth supply prices will no longer align with the Chinese spot price; in fact, it's already evident that they don't once you add on these additional taxes and/or discounts we receive on production. I believe this price decoupling is why Hancock has invested in LYC, MP, and ARU.

Most importantly: It also explains why retail shareholders like us are fiercely protecting our ownership and staying vigilant against those who want to undermine our value. Despite my previous concerns, I want to retain my shares and prevent those with insider knowledge of the future rare earth industry from diminishing our value.
    Last edited by Birchcorp: Today, 08:37

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $395.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 16.0¢ $105.0K 641.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 707977 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 1099096 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.