ARU 0.00% 20.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

What a great week external of what's happening with ARU progress...

1. 6,240 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1555
    What a great week external of what's happening with ARU progress and such events during the week emphasize the position of strength ARU are in with negotiations. Great posts people/contributor's and I'll touch on a few if I may.
    Hi Banana and thanks for BP coverage details - I do see one clear change with the Aus Gov facility now in place. The 200 million component to ramp production will in my view be in play - therefore I will suggest the BP production is off the mark and scaling will occur much quicker now. Simply - ARU have to service their debt facilities and this has been a sticking point in finance discussions and why ARU and the Gov set up this additional facility and yes I know management have stated they do not intend to draw on it - well if NdPr prices rise substantially then maybe!
    Hi Spreme - perhaps we get the violin's out for WA. A state that is very wealthy from long established - huge mining revenues. I say give the funding to NT and give them opportunities as the Gov has identified they are doing with ARU - Nolan's support. The NT was always a Gov financed state employment place through administration funding/employment and substantial defense expenditure - then along came the gas projects. The NT has spent big on Darwin Port infrastructure that is under utilized - give the NT (MINHUB etc) financial support and give them opportunity.
    Hi Investbest. China acted first on specified short selling activities - the US still mulls it then South Korea introduced firm regulatory framework. Fantastic for them and investors - unfortunately our mob will not as they gain to much from it in revenue and political sponsorships/financial donors and such. It may well see more targeted shorting by global insto's under any disguise they wish as the ASX will look highly attractive to those international insto's and there are a substantial amount of them.

Some great positives and one was last week with Chalmers very public comments of far greater powers/scrutiny of international investments in Australian company's. Well this would be seen very positive in the registers of critical minerals companies such as ARU and external obstructions or attempts of. So not a direct block on shorting but certainly a stronger presence in monitoring our register and many others - really important especially now Biden's admin introducing quadruple import tariffs in coming days on renewables from China.

This is unbelievable/fantastic Birch - all. RE companies have never enjoyed such significant global attention - for many investors/insto's RE's were to much of an unknown - from China's dominance and controls to the tech/science required to the huge financial commitments required for potential companies to progress their assets - many looked at Lynas journey and thought there were better investments - less the forementioned challenges.
    Goodness me - now look at the landscape for say ARU - massive positive changes over recent couple of years from within the company but significantly Tier 1 global governments and companies are lined up like ducks at ARU door because of the significant global gov strategies being placed to break the China critical minerals supply chain. The Biden admin introduction next week is a very major positive for the likes of ARU (not so for concentrate only producers supplying feed to the giant Chinese refiners). In my view next week we will see the beginning of the demise of Chinese RE pricing controls which has been a major issue/block for companies like ARU. Quiet simply and this whole tariff's quadrupling needs a lot of dissecting - some is immediately obvious - some lesser. However a US four fold increase in import tariffs on RE - NdPr - magnets has just 100% secured ARU's future - One would anticpate EU - SK to implement similar in the future and if one looks at the massive POSCO magnet supply to top auto in US and EU - no Chinese NdPr will be used - ARU will simply get a premium on top for end users - those huge multi national companies needing product but needing to circumnavigate the four fold import tariffs and of course the transparent/traceable ESG compliance topper. Anyway we will be able to discuss this more when announced next week the exact new import tariff and what that increases the NdPr pricing to US buyers.
    The other part is critical also. What does China then do. We know they will not sit idle on this matter of huge significance to their plans of global dominance in supply chain of EV's - WIND - SOLAR - DEFENSE CAPABILITIES, ETC. China options? well they could increase prices of RE's thus inflecting and even slowing the Bidens admin renewables fast paced development ambitions - with the combination of new tariffs and China increasing pricing it would make importing the much needed critical minerals - batteries etc prohibitive to US auto - wind - etc manufacturing. Then where else can supply arrive from - there is not enough for ROW currently - not for some years - Lynas will have a lot of extra product capacity soon - not sure off the top of my head but significant expansions at LAMP is now being fed into their plant. Anyway it is such a lengthy conversation and I will close on this matter for now in saying - the new tariff's will benefit ARU substantially - this combined with China's retaliation could be significant to our SP - future equity raising efforts and of course current debt - offtake remaining discussions.

Just quickly on the Aus Gov AUD566 million critical minerals boost to fully map Australia's resources. Great - perhaps they will commence around the Alice.
    RE discoveries will only be beneficial to companies that have the IP in the future to process/separate even turn them into the various magnets through allied partnerships. Lynas - ARU - perhaps Iluka are the only 3 possibilities at present - others like MINHUB can have a go or simply supply concentrate to the 3 mentioned - as already seen with a strategic early move advantage ARU established with the MINHUB developers. Great to see the project garnering some media attention this week. But seriously the attention and significant developments RE's are enjoying will translate to a highly favorable situation for ARU.

Yes I have to mention them - SHEORTS whom would have known this tariff introduction was on its way. Certainly well informed and invested heavily on exactly these recent highly favorable circumstances. I mentioned they sold a little into the quarterly bump and then squeezed their position higher straight after to make their 5+% gains and yesterday hit a high - how much more do sheorts have or wish to continue with - will they now start to decrease in coming weeks with a combination of ARU binding ann's due in coming months - the positive sentiment arriving from tariffs being implemented and I should also mention the article this week that no US EV sales from 2027 can have any Chinese minerals - chips etc.

Hold them tight - as we have seen past trading days on lower volumes and the 19c holding. Only way is up - patience required folks.

Just my rambles - have agreat weekend all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $462.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 18.8¢ $990.7K 5.075M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 265573 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 1687189 51
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.