ARU 0.00% 17.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Above was what I wanted to write to show how we as humans are...

1. 2,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1573
    Above was what I wanted to write to show how we as humans are selling ourselves short with regard to AI i.e. its sad, that we believe AI has all the answers - my current annoyance in life. AI is here and useful, but seriously...

Here is my genuine response.

Introduction

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-current-scien/

Back in 1990. scientists thought of a theory called cold fusion and still have not put into practice today, 35 years later, it's still a pipedream. Just because someone mentions they would like to create an alternative, it doesn't mean they can.

Below is only an objective they have outlined, and notably it is useless in EV drive componentry that uses it most. i.e. below shows an objective to be able to be used in headlights. Thats an objective only, and has limited purpose for NdPr.

Objectives of this group - notice word 'objective'

MagNEO’s objective is to develop a robust and sustainable REE-free permanent magnet for emergent energy and mobility applications. The concept hinges upon novel compositions of AlNiCo and High Entropy Alloy (HEA) undergoing similar spinodal decompositions, processed by Additive Manufacturing. The recycling strategies developed will allow environmentally friendly repurposing of disparate metallic constituents, with emphasis on Co recovery.

The performance of the new permanent magnets will be verified for low-speed generators in wind turbines and ship propulsion shafts, high-speed (>100 m/s) rotors in heat pumps and ABS sensors and headlight systems in automotive applications.

Summary

Magneo is a research project, to support low-end, magnets for low-cost parts in the Rare Earth Sector. This is one of many projects in the past 20 years, that has been established and failed in this sector, but importantly, it is not proven or likely, and even if possible does not impact high high-endend uses of Rare earth magnets.

A €7.7 million EU project has been established to research alternatives to the use of rare earth elements (REE) in permanent magnet production. The MagNEO project aims to use additively manufactured REE-free AlNiCo (Aluminium, Nickel, Cobalt) alloys, said to be promising due to their higher coercivity at elevated temperatures.

Conclusion

PERMANENT MAGNETS using NdPr are here to stay - the world is on a critical path to a shortage from a reliable source in the west. Like many things in life, the noise distracts at times.

Last edited by Birchcorp: Tuesday, 11:01

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $404.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.3¢ $624.4K 3.553M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 209908 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 809563 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.