ARB 0.08% $38.02 arb corporation limited.

"I'd be interested to learn where ARB make products in...

1. HK1
    590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    "I'd be interested to learn where ARB make products in Australia?"
    They have a large manufacturing site at their Melbourne site which includes bar work, suspension, diff locks, and other parts. All bar work is made either at the Melbourne factory or at their Thailand factory - none is outsourced to China, unlike other companies. I would think that the ARB warehouse is still open, but the the manufacturing part is closed due to Stage 4 restrictions. Considering that the factory has been running at near-capacity previously, I suspect there will be some further supply issues (for specific products made in Melbourne) when the factory opens back up and they have a backlog of orders and products not in stock.

Here is a video you can have a look at some of the Melbourne plant:
    "Most of my info indicates that apart from the fibreglass canopies, the majority of it is made in Thailand and the rest in China. "
    ARB doesn't make any fibreglass canopies. They are made from a thermoplastic. Your info is clearly not complete - do a bit more research and you might even find that ARB makes much more in Australia than other 4x4 accessory companies.

Their Old Man Emu suspension is made entirely in Australia, I believe, with the shock absorbers being made under license at the Monroe factory.

"The Chinese products I've noticed change hands through about 4 different companies to try and obscure shipping information."
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but reading through the ARB information over the years, ARB sources all of their own labeled products and they are of the design and quality that ARB requires, so unique to ARB and not just something that has been re-badged. They are labelled as to where they are made.

I am not an expert in ARB, but I like reading their Annual Reports and updates - I am a long term holder and just like keeping up to date with what they are doing. Strangely enough though, I haven't been in to one of their stores in Melbourne for well over 10 years. It's just a nice investment in the same way that I own Apple shares, but have never bought at iPhone.

ARB continued to be well managed, have the right amount of R&D spend and are thinking ahead by years (not concerned about any short term). It's hardly an overly exciting investment, but it is a very liable long term one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$38.02
Change
0.030(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $3.127B
Open High Low Value Volume
$37.99 $38.14 $37.33 $3.630M 95.93K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 15250 $41.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.92 14159 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.